11th Corvara


11th Corvara
Prior to coming to Italy Lawr tried to enter us in the Maratona dles Dolomites. I was pleased that it was full and that we would do a version of the route ourselves. It takes in 8 passes over 86miles. Easy I thought, but at 56miles I ran out of energy and had to cycle to the top of passo pordoi joch before we could get food, and I believe that hot chocolate and strudel should be classed as miracle foods. It was a spectacular cycle in terms of ascent, descent and scenery. The weather was kind, it was just tough. But worth doing if you are out here; just take plenty grub. Knackered and back at the van a bottle of wine was required to assist recovery.

Highs – maratona route completed, strudel
Lows – bonk, slow ascent of passo pordoi, porches
Note – it is the first time I have considered getting a chair lift up the hill with my road bike
the Welsh top out in Italy

Comments